Below are the instructions for our NEW patent-pending combination programmable timer and temperature flow control. This combination control is plugged-in between the power supply and the cooling reservoir. It has four (4) temperature flow settings: 4 (coldest), 3, 2 and 1 (least cold). The timer function may be set in 10-minute increments up to 990 minutes. Please follow the steps below to operate the system.
1. The center button is both the on/off switch and the temperature flow control.
2. When the therapy system is set-up and ready to turn on, push the center button to turn the system on.
3. The system will immediately turn on and the LED display will show the number "4,” then "ON,” then "10.”
4. The system’s default setting at start-up is set at the coldest temperature setting of "4” and the timer is set to cycle 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off.
5. Increase or decrease the ON time by pressing the right (+) or left (-) button.
6. Increase or decrease the OFF time by pressing the top (+) or bottom (-) button.
7. The timer will cycle the system on and off per the set times until they are changed or the system is turned off.
8. If it is desired to have the system on for a certain number of minutes then turn off with no cycling, then set the time off to "0”.
9. To regulate the water flow, press the center button once to show the default flow setting of "4.” Press the center button again and the flow control will drop to setting "3”. Press it again and it will drop to "2”, then again to have it drop to "1” and one final time will turn the system off.
10. The system will maintain the water flow settings throughout the on and off cycles but will return to the default setting of "4” if turned off.
11. As long as the timer is plugged in, the last "on” and "off” setting will automatically come up each time it is turned on. However, the temperature flow control will revert back to the coldest setting "4.”
12. If the timer is unplugged, the sequence starts over at number 2 above.
Please be advised, it is normal to have minimal flow at the lowest setting ("1”).
CAUTION: Always follow your doctor’s instructions in regards to treatment time, "on” and "off” cycles, and skin inspection.
This programmable timer and temperature flow control is ONLY compatible with the Polar Products Active Ice® 3.0 Cold Therapy System.