Fire-Resistant Cooling Vests
Polar's Fire-Resistant Cooling Vests are Class 1 NFPA 70E rated.
What is the different between Banoxand Nomex?
Please note: while these fabrics are class 1 NFPA 70E rated, there is exposure to potential arc flash and the user should not depend on a cooling vest for protection.
- Banox is flame retardant treated cotton. The treatment is good for 20-25 washings and then the resistance to fire is significantly diminished. This fabric is heavier than Nomex and is more durable than Nomex.
- Nomex is a fabric that is treated by a single step flame retarding process that will last the life of the garment and does not reduce the wear life of the fabric. The Nomex is roughly 60% of the weight of the Banox and is a bit less durable fabric.
The insulated pockets inside the vest are compatible with your choice of cooling packs:
- Kool Max® Frozen Water-Based Cooling Packs require access to a freezer and offer the highest level of cooling energy for up to 3-4 hours.
- Cool 58® Phase Change Cooling Packs freeze at 58ºF (14.4° C) and provide a comfortable, constant cooling temperature of 58ºF for up to 1.5-3 hours. Ideal choice when freezers are not available!
- You have the option to add an extra set of cooling packs with your vest. You may want to order both types of packs for flexibility on-the-go!
List Price: $208.00
You Save: $31.20 (15%)
List Price: $251.68
You Save: $37.75 (15%)
List Price: $334.00
You Save: $50.10 (15%)